Everything You Need to Know About Concierge Medicine in Indianapolis, IN
Determine if concierge medicine is right for you and your family with this guide.Request an Appointment
In recent years, concierge medicine practices in Indianapolis, IN have become increasingly popular among families in the community. If you’ve heard of concierge care, there’s no doubt you have questions about its benefits and why one might opt for it when they already have health insurance. Supro Direct is here to walk you through everything you need to know about concierge medicine in Indianapolis, IN, so that you can determine if it’s right for you and your family.
What is Concierge Medicine?
Concierge medicine, also known as personalized primary care or direct primary care (DPC), is a membership to a primary care physician’s office. In exchange for a monthly fee or annual fee, concierge medicine patients typically enjoy 24/7 access to their concierge doctors, access to discounted medical services, same or next-day appointments, in-house lab testing, and more.
Common Questions About Concierge Care in Indianapolis, IN
Now that you understand what concierge medicine is, you likely have questions about why you might benefit from this unique healthcare model. Continue reading for answers to the most commonly asked questions about concierge medicine in Indianapolis, IN.
What does concierge medicine membership include?
While perks vary from one concierge practice to another, the standard practice includes same-day appointments, access to your personal physician 24/7, and longer appointments. Some personalized primary care practices offer additional benefits, like the team at Supro Direct. In addition to the perks listed above, we also provide our concierge members with:
- 24/7 access to our team via phone, text, or video calls
- Extended office hours and same-day appointments
- Annual blood work
- COVID-19 antibody testing
- Discounts on in-house lab testing
- Weight loss management consultations
- Laser therapy treatments for chronic pain
- Advanced body composition analysis
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF)
- Cardiac stress treadmill testing
- Advanced body composition analysis
- Immigration physicals
- And more
Besides the services listed above, we also provide discounted pricing on other popular medical services, including hormone optimization, regenerative medicine, IV infusions, PRP injections, and more.
What is the benefit of concierge care?
There are numerous benefits to the concierge care model, but most patients especially appreciate instant access to their personal doctor, same-day medical care, access to a handful of complementary primary care services. Plus, concierge physicians only take on a limited number of patients each year to ensure they are readily available for their concierge members. By seeing fewer patients, concierge practices can prevent long wait times and ensure doctors spend a prolonged amount of time with their patients one on one.
Perhaps the most considerable benefit of concierge medicine that many patients don’t immediately realize is that having a membership often encourages more frequent visits to your doctor. Regular visits to the doctor help in three key ways.
- More frequent visits to the same doctor enable you to build a healthy doctor-patient relationship.
- By building a strong relationship with your personalized primary care doctor, the doctor can learn all about your medical history and treat you based on the details they collect and treatments they provide over time. They act as a dedicated concierge of your wellness and can refer you to specialized doctors as needed.
- Seeing your doctor more frequently often encourages more preventative care than reactive care. Because concierge doctors have a detailed understanding of your health and wellness, it is easier for them to identify and diagnose potential issues before they become serious health problems. This preventive lifestyle care often leads to decreased ER visits, hospitalizations, and specialist referrals. In turn, this means more savings for patients.
Who should enroll in a concierge health plan?
While any number of people can benefit from personalized care, concierge medicine can be especially helpful to those who suffer from chronic pain, chronic illness, and those interested in preventive care.
Do I still need a health insurance plan if I have a concierge medicine membership?
Concierge care membership is not meant to be a replacement for health insurance. Some services under this care model may still be billed to insurance. A majority of health insurance plans and Medicare will not cover the membership fee. To learn more about what health insurance covers vs. what concierge medicine includes, please contact your provider.
Where can I find a concierge care provider in Indianapolis, IN?
Because concierge care is a relatively new healthcare model, there are very few providers in the greater Indianapolis, IN area. If you’re interested in joining a direct primary care practice in Indianapolis, IN, consider contacting Supro Direct. Located just outside of Indianapolis in Greenwood, IN, we are the go-to concierge practice near you.
Contact us online or call our office at 317-300-7424 for additional details on our concierge medicine services and request a meeting with our physicians. We look forward to helping you along your health and wellness journey.
Other Articles That May Interest You
August 1, 2022
We'll all experience cognitive decline as we get older, but.Read More >>
June 1, 2022
Gut health is central to your overall well-being: a healthy.Read More >>